Do you not just like the default app icons in your Android smartphone? If that’s the case, you’ve got a number of methods to vary your apps’ icons. You’ll be able to select from quite a lot of icon packs to put in and use in your telephone. We’ll present you ways to try this.
Some choices for altering Android’s app icons embrace utilizing a built-in function in your telephone, putting in a customized icon pack, utilizing a free app to create a customized app shortcut with a customized icon, or using a third-party app launcher.
Change App Icons on a Samsung Android Cellphone
For those who use a Samsung Android telephone, your telephone has a built-in possibility to vary your apps’ icons. This eliminates the necessity to obtain and use a third-party instrument to customise your purposes.
Samsung’s built-in icon function enables you to obtain and use icons from varied icon packs, so you’ve got a variety of choices to select from.
- Open Settings in your Samsung Android telephone.
- Scroll down in Settings and faucet Themes.
- Choose Icons on the backside of the web page.
- You’ll see varied icon packs that you should utilize in your telephone. Faucet the pack you’d like to make use of, or make the most of the search possibility on the high to seek out the pack of your selection.
- After choosing an icon pack, select Obtain to obtain the pack to your telephone.
- Choose Apply after downloading the pack to use the pack’s icons to your telephone.
Your Samsung telephone will now use icons out of your chosen icon pack. For those who’d like to vary the icons sooner or later, you are able to do so by heading into Settings > Themes > Icons and choosing a unique icon pack.
Obtain and Use a Customized Icon Pack on Android
You don’t essentially should have a Samsung telephone to vary your apps’ icons. On non-Samsung telephones, you possibly can obtain and use varied icon packs to vary how your apps look.
Google’s Play Retailer hosts many free and premium icon packs so that you can select from. All it’s worthwhile to do is obtain one in all these packs, use the supplied utility to use the icons, and also you’re all set.
Be aware that some icon packs solely work with choose Android launchers.
- Open Google Play Retailer in your Android telephone.
- Faucet the search field, sort icon pack, and press Enter. You’ll see varied icon packs within the search outcomes. We’ll obtain and apply the Delta – Icon Pack.
- Choose Obtain to obtain the pack to your telephone.
- Faucet Open to open the downloaded icon pack.
- Select Apply Delta to use the icons out of your downloaded pack to your telephone. This selection will differ relying in your icon pack.
- Choose the launcher you’d like to make use of your customized icons with.
Use Your Cellphone’s Default Launcher to Customise App Icons
Many default Android launchers allow you to customise your telephone’s look, together with the app icons. You should utilize this technique in case your launcher is without doubt one of the supported ones.
On this technique, you principally edit your app, select a brand new icon, and the app makes use of the chosen icon.
- Faucet and maintain on the app whose icon you wish to change and choose Edit.
- Choose the prevailing app icon on the Edit display.
- Select the supply in your new app icon. This could possibly be your launcher’s icon pack or a customized pack.
- Choose the icon to make use of in your chosen app.
- Faucet OK to use the chosen icon to your app.
Later, you possibly can return to your app’s default icon by selecting Reset on the Edit display.
Use a Free Android App to Change Your App Icons
For those who don’t desire the icon pack or the launcher technique, you should utilize a free Android app to vary your apps’ icons. This app is known as Shortcut Maker, and it enables you to create a customized shortcut to your app with a customized icon.
You’ll be able to select your app’s icon out of your gallery, use an emoji or textual content because the icon, and even decide an icon out of your put in icon pack.
- Obtain and set up the free Shortcut Maker app in your Android telephone.
- Launch the newly put in Shortcut Maker app.
- Faucet Apps on the app’s primary web page to create a customized app shortcut.
- Choose the app whose icon you wish to change.
- Faucet Icon to vary your app’s icon.
- Select the supply in your icon. Right here, you possibly can decide a picture out of your gallery, use an emoji or textual content, or get an icon out of your put in icon pack.
- Save your adjustments by tapping the checkmark icon within the top-right nook.
- Choose Create Shortcut to start making a customized shortcut in your app.
- Drag the shortcut to one in all your property screens.
Change Your Android App Icons With a Customized Launcher
A customized launcher lets you change varied points of your telephone, together with your property screens, widgets, and even app icons. You should utilize one of many many launchers in your telephone to provide your purposes new icons.
One such launcher is Nova Launcher, which is obtainable totally free on the Google Play Retailer. You should utilize this launcher to vary how your apps look in your telephone.
- Obtain and set up the free Nova Launcher in your telephone.
- Open the newly put in Nova Launcher app.
- Choose Nova Settings to entry the launcher’s settings menu.
- Faucet Look & really feel on the settings display.
- Choose Icon fashion on the high.
- Select Icon theme.
- Choose the supply in your icons. You will get extra icons by tapping Get extra themes.
- Apply the chosen icons to your apps.
Customise Your Android Apps’ Look With Customized Icons
Your Android apps don’t should look uninteresting and boring. You’ll be able to spice them up by altering their icons utilizing varied free strategies, as described above. There are icons accessible in all colours and shapes, so everybody has one thing they like.
We hope the strategies above assist you change your telephone’s feel and appear.